Friday 8 February 2013

Francis report

Regular followers of my blog may be expecting me to comment on the report on Staffordshire Hospitals, but I'm not going to for two reasons.

Firstly other bloggers, especially those on my list to the right have already done an excellent job and I don't think anything I could write is likely to add significantly. Suffice to say that I agree with them entirely.

Secondly I had my say in May 2010 in three posts entitled "accountability", much of which has been echoed in Francis.

The underlying problems will not be addressed. Care will continue to deteriorate. A few scapegoats will be sacrificed, and I notice already that that twat Cameron is calling for doctors involved to be struck off, as if that would achieve anything.

Those of us of an age where we are likely to need the NHS in the next twenty years may be better off just getting ourselves a suicide pill.

1 comment:

  1. Agree with you about Cameron. An increasingly pompous blowhard, jumping on any and every bandwagon to distract us from his numerous bad decisions. Any opportunity to intimidate the medical profession is seized with relish.

    ReplyDelete